- Monday, August 14: Mandatory Parent Information Meeting, Band Camp. 7pm. Location TBD.
- Monday, September 11: Parent/BRBB Meeting, 7pm, Band Room
- Monday, October 2: Parent/BRBB Meeting, 7pm, Band Room
- Monday, November 6: Parent/BRBB Meeting, 7pm, Band Room
- Monday, December 4: Parent/BRBB Meeting, 7pm, Band Room
(Oak Ridge families: Winter Concert, 7pm, SAHS Auditorium)
- Monday, January 8: Parent/BRBB Meeting, 7pm, Band Room
(EMC families: Home & School meeting, 7pm; Vernfield families: Home & School meeting, 7pm)
- Monday, February 5: Parent/BRBB Meeting, 7pm, Band Room
(Snow date: Elementary Honors Orchestra Concert, SAHS, 7pm)
- Monday, March 5: Parent/BRBB Meeting, 7pm, Band Room
- Monday, April 2: Parent/BRBB Meeting, 7pm, Band Room
- Monday, May 7: Parent/BRBB Meeting, 7pm, Band Room
(Indian Crest MS Families: Choral Concert @ ICMS, 6:15pm; Oak Ridge families: Spring Concert @SAHS, 7pm)
- Monday, June 4: Parent/BRBB Meeting, 7pm, Band Room
(Franconia families: 5th grade Promotion Night, 6:30pm)
Parent Information Meeting – Band Camp
This meeting gives parents information about the coming season: what to expect during Band Camp, what students will do at football games and competitions, weekly practices, game and competition schedules, volunteer needs, fundraising plans for the year, and anything else that you want to ask about.
This meeting is a must for all parents, whether this is your first or fifteenth year as a Band Parent. It is often held the first night of Band Camp (not the Mini-Camp, which takes place the week before Band Camp). We meet while the students have dinner. Check the calendar and your e-mail for the exact date and time.
Information Meetings for Encore! Indoor Percussion and Forte Winter Guard
At the start of the season for the winter indoor groups, the directors will hold an information meeting for each group. Attendance at this meeting is required for all interested students and at least one parent/guardian.
The Directors will review the upcoming season, go over expectations, discuss the practice schedule and competition schedules, and review costs.
These meetings are typically scheduled in November. Check the calendar and your e-mail for the exact dates and times.
Trip Information meetings
In years when a performing group is going on an overnight trip, the directors will hold at least one Trip Information meeting. Parents/guardians are notified via e-mail and this website of the date and time of the meeting; at least one parent/guardian for each student must attend the Trip Information Meeting.
Executive Committee and General Membership Monthly meetings
The Big Red Band Boosters (BRBB) meet once a month from September through June. These meetings are where committees report on everything that’s going on and where all parents have the opportunity to learn, to voice their opinions, and to vote on all items that are up for consideration.
- The Executive Committee meets before the general membership, usually from 6-7pm.
- The general membership meetings are typically at 7pm on the first Monday of the month. If the first Monday is a holiday, the meeting is often moved to the second Monday.
- Directors and student officers are often in attendance at the general membership meetings.