Big Red Band Booster Annual Senior Scholarship Awards
Seniors participating in Encore or Forte can also apply for these scholarships:
•Tournament Indoor Association (TIA) Scholarship here.
•Tournament of Bands (TOB) Chapter II Scholarship here.
The Big Red Band Boosters, Inc., annually presents two awards to qualified seniors who are currently active members of the Big Red Marching Band. Each recipient is awarded $500.00 to further her or his education.
Scholarship recipients will be announced at the SAHS Senior Awards, to be held on Monday, June 4th, 6:30-8pm.
Application deadline: 11:59pm on Saturday, March 31, 2018 (this is the Saturday during Spring Break.)
Questions? Send a message to email@example.com.
- Complete and submit the Scholarship Application (it’s a Google Form). After you submit the application, you will receive a confirmation message from Google Forms. If you do not receive a confirmation within a day, contact the Scholarship Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit proof of acceptance or application: Send one of the following to the Scholarship Committee at email@example.com:
—a PDF copy of an acceptance letter to an accredited institution
—proof that your application to an accredited school has been received
You will receive a confirmation message from the Scholarship Committee once your application is complete.
To be eligible, seniors must meet all of the following requirements:
- Applicants must be active senior members of the Souderton Area High School Big Red Marching Band.
- Applicants must have at least four years experience in the Marching Band.
- Applicants must have participated for four years in any of the following:
—Concert Band or Symphonic Band
—Lab Band or Jazz Band
—Indoor Percussion or Winter Guard
- Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 as of the end of the first semester of their senior year.
- As outlined in the BRBB bylaws, applicants must submit a formal application to the Awards Committee by the deadline.
- Applicants must provide evidence of either application or acceptance to an accredited college, university, institute, or technical school: A copy of an acceptance letter or college application must be submitted with the BRBB Scholarship application.
- Applicants should demonstrate qualities of leadership, responsibility, and cooperation and have shown distinction during participation in the eligible band organizations (listed above).
- Applicants should demonstrate a comprehensive and diverse involvement and have shown distinction in school and/or non-school activities.
- Accuracy in completing the application is important. The application includes three short essay prompts, which must meet the word count requirements (100-250 words each).
The application must be submitted online and proof of college application/acceptance must be e-mailed by Saturday, March 31, 2018 (11:59pm). No application can be submitted after this date.
- Financial need is not a criterion for this award.
- If, in the opinion of the committee, there are no qualified applicants for the present year, the award will not be given.
- If, in the opinion of the committee, there is a tie, the available money will be equally divided among the award winners.