Important Update, September 7th, 2017:
I am very sorry to inform you the Celebration of Bands scheduled for September 30 has been cancelled this year. Many of the neighboring districts have restrictions in place for the Jewish holiday and we just could not attract enough bands because of this. The staff and I are in talks to possibly schedule a makeup competition on the night of September 23 so the band gets the opportunity to compete this month. Thanks to all for your efforts and for helping make our marching band the awesome experience it is.
Adam L. Tucker
Director of Bands – SAHS
Following on here, I would like to send a special THANK YOU to our COB committee, who has worked so hard to plan this event. Your efforts are much appreciated, and you will be pros for next year’s show! The BRBB hopes to reschedule the senior recognition portions of the COB show, and we will be in touch with more info as it becomes available.
Thanks to all for your support and understanding.
When & Where
The Souderton Area High School, the Big Red Marching Band, and the Big Red Band Boosters invite you to our 2017 home show, the Celebration of Bands.
- When: Saturday, September 30th. The competition begins at 6pm; awards are scheduled to begin at TBD.
- Where: Souderton Area HS at 625 Lower Road, Souderton, PA 18964. directions
Tickets are $10 (adults), $5 (students and seniors), free for children 5 and under.
Schedule & Results
- The competition will begin at 6 pm; the award presentation is scheduled to begin at TBD.
- For an up-to-date performance schedule, visit the competition’s page on the USBands website.
- After the competition, visit the competition’s page on the USBands website.
- 2016 Celebration of Bands: Visit the USBands site to see the scores from the 2016 competition.
Participating bands (preliminary list)
The competition opens with an exhibition performance by the combined bands of the Indian Crest and Indian Valley Middle Schools.
Some of the bands that will be participating are:
- University of New Haven: Chargers Marching Band (Exhibition, West Haven, CT)
- Delaware Valley Regional HS: Golden Regiment Marching Band (Group II A, Frenchtown, NJ)
To close out the evening, the Souderton Area HS Big Red Marching Band will take the field in a judged exhibition performance of their 2017 show, Winds in the East, featuring the music of Disney’s Mary Poppins.
For more information on participating schools and a preliminary performance schedule, visit the competition’s page on the USBand website.
Feeling nostalgic? See the Big Red Marching Band in action with these looks at the 2016 show, El Dia de la Vida, the 2015 show, Star-Cross’d, and the 2014 show, Monsters University Musical Extravaganza.
Big Red Band Booster Snack Stand
The BRBB Snack Stand is just inside the stadium gates, to the left of the ticket booth.
|Pulled Pork Sandwich||$4|
|Hot dog with cheese or sauerkraut||$2.25|
|Hot dog with chili||$2.50|
|Chili (in a 16 oz cup)||$4|
|Nachos with cheese||$3|
|Nachos with cheese and chili||$4|
|Veggies with ranch dressing or hummus||$2|
|Soft pretzel with cheese||$1.25|
|Pickle on a Stick||$1|
|Water, Soda, Brisk Iced Tea||$1|
|Hot Dunkin’ Donuts Coffee, Hot Chocolate||$1|
|Iced Dunkin’ Donuts Coffee||$2|