The BRBB engages in many different forms of fundraising. See examples below.
How do we raise funds?
Students send letters to people and businesses, asking them to consider supporting Big Red. Funds raised through this appeal allow us to reduce other fundraising efforts—especially some of the volunteer-intensive efforts (yay!) | Learn more
- Make your check out (in any amount) to BRBB and write “Donation” in the memo line.
- Checks can be sent to BRBB, PO Box 64310, Souderton, PA, 18964 or they can be put in an envelope marked “Donation” and turn it in to the Red Box.
- Enclose a brief note to let us know if you would like a receipt and, if so, where it should be sent.
- If you are making the donation in support of a specific project, tell us – and thank you!
- Recruit or be a Patron for Concert Sundaes
Each summer, the BRBB hosts one of the Concert Sundaes in the Park. You can become a Patron of the event by making a monetary donation.
- Holiday Wreath Sale
This sale is a Souderton tradition: each fall, the BRBB sells wreaths. Students take orders in October; the wreaths are available by Thanksgiving. The profit made on each wreath is split between the BRBB and the seller’s Student Credit account. | Learn more
- Mother’s Day Flower Sale
Springtime is the time for our annual Flower Sale. Students earn $5 in Student Credit for every plant they sell. Student credit can be used to pay for band expenses. | Learn more
- Band on the Run 5k & Fun Run
The Run begins and ends at Indian Valley Middle School. Band members perform along the route or run it themselves. Find out all about the event on the Band on the Run page. Show your interest and spread the word: visit and share(!) the Facebook event. | Learn more
- Harleysville Fair Parking for the Jaycees’
Every May, the BRBB and Big Red students help direct parking for the Jaycees’ annual fair. This is a big earner for us and a fun time for the participants, too.
- Scoop ice cream at Concert Sundaes in the Park
We need many hands at the Concessions Stand. Our week is often the raindate Souderton Fireworks Night, so if Mother Nature drenches the week before, we will have a huge crowd. The BRBB benefits from concession sales of ice cream, hot dogs, pizza, drinks, and snacks. (There is a participation fee, though, and we will happily accept donations to cover the cost of that fee. Make checks out to “BRBB” and write “Concert Sundaes” in the memo line.) | Learn more
- Amazon Smile
A portion of many of your Amazon purchases can be donated to the BRBB. Just visit the AmazonSmile website and designate the BRBB as your charitable organization. Once you have set this up, shop through AmazonSmile and Amazon does the rest. You can find all the details about how it works by visiting this page on the Amazon website. | Learn more
- Shop with Scrip
- Use your regular, everyday shopping to raise $ for the BRBB and to help pay for your student’s marching band, drumline, or color guard expenses.
- To see all participating retailers and the rebate amount that is offered by each retailer, visit ShopWithScrip.com. Local gift cards are available, too.
- It’s easy to start—read How to use ShopWithScrip.com (PDF) for information on establishing your family account and setting up PrestoPay. Then complete and return the BRBB Program Agreement (PDF).
- Questions? Contact Scrip Coordinator | Learn more
- Grocery Gift Cards (Scrip)
Our “local” gift cards—Giant, Henning’s, and Landis—are now available exclusively through ShopWithScrip.com. | Learn more
- Dominos Pizza
Domino’s of Souderton donates 10% of your “first Monday” purchases to the BRBB. | Learn more
- Restaurant Nights
Watch for promotions about these events. In general, you would dine at a local restaurant and a percentage of your bill would be donated to the BRBB.