All SASD Program Volunteers—and nearly all BRBB Volunteers are Program Volunteers. Visit the District Volunteers page for information on who is a program volunteer.
You must have this test administered before you begin volunteering. There is no grace period.
- Your personal physician.
- Any other qualified test provider.
- At any SASD elementary school.
- Contact any elementary school nurse to arrange for a free PPD skin test.
- Call the school nearest to your home and ask for the school nurse. Telephone numbers are listed on the SASD website for each school.
- Send an e-mail. E-mail addresses are listed in Directory on the SASD website.
- If you have the test administered at an SASD school, the nurse will submit the results. PPD results are maintained in a central list by the district. You do not need to do anything else.
- If you have the test administered anywhere else (for example, by your personal physician or at your workplace), submit a copy of the results to a school nurse.
As of the 2015-16 school year: One time only. This is now a “once and done” test. (In previous years, certain conditions required you to repeat the test. That is no longer required.)