Charms has the ability to manage the sign-up process for volunteers. There are two types of events you can volunteer for:
- Standalone volunteering opportunities
- Volunteering opportunities associated with an event
The second type of events are more common. They are created through the calendar in Charms and associated with a particular event.
To sign-up for a volunteer position at a particular event:
- Log in to Charms and go to the Calendar to find the event you are interested in
- Click on the hand icon that is visible for that date
- From the sign-up screen, enter your name, cell phone and email address next to the position you’d like to volunteer for and click the “Sign Up” button. You will also be able to see who else has signed up.
To browse all volunteer openings and sign-up:
- Login to Charms and go to the Volunteer menu
- Scroll through the drop-down list to see all of the events that need volunteers
- Select a date and click the “Show Volunteers” button.
- Enter your name, email address and cell phone number next to the position you’d like to volunteer for and and click the “Enter” button (on the web) or the “Volunteer Now” button (on the app)
We realize there are times when you may not be able to help out at an event that you had signed up for and need to CANCEL. In those cases, please send an email to the Volunteer Coordinator, and they will remove you from the signup. We appreciate you notifying us promptly so that we can try to fill the slot you vacated.