The BRBB—Big Red Band Boosters, Inc.—is a volunteer-based, non-profit organization. Read more about us.
This Week — Coming Up — Disney Trip — Indoor Groups — The Rafter Family — Parade Practices/Spring Training — Domino’s Night — Big Red in Action — Student Leaders — Classifieds — e-mail list — Student Credit/Scrip — Volunteer Clearances
If you haven’t signed up yet for your volunteer activity at this Saturday’s Indoor Show, do it now!
Monday: Forte practice, 7-9pm.
Tuesday: Encore practice, 6-9pm.
Wednesday: Concert & Symphonic Bands in Concert. 6:30pm. Theme: Music of the American West.
Begin selling tickets for the Philadelphia Soul Fundraiser 2017.
Thursday: Encore practice, 6-9pm; Forte practice, 7-10pm.
Fri & Sat: Jazz Championships! The Jazz & Lab Bands are competing in the Woody Herman Division @ Chichester High School in Boothwyn, PA. The competition begins at 6pm. Lab Band @6:23; Jazz Band @9:04; Awards at 11pm. complete schedule
Saturday: The one, the only… it’s the TIA Region 2 Indoor Championships, hosted by SAHS. Encore & Forte: for report times, speak to directors.
Forte performs at 3:02pm.
Encore performs at 7:13pm.
Flower Sale: Orders were due last week: Wednesday, April 19th — to the Red Box. Information about this year’s Flower Sale is on the Fundraising page.
Philadelphia Soul Fundraiser: Keep selling tickets for the Philadelphia Soul Fundraiser 2017. Read the flyer. Sell the tickets! Remember: Sell Tickets –> Help the band pay for the stuff that you will use!
Visit SignUpGenius to volunteer for indoor competitions, jazz competitions, the Indoor Home Show/TIA Region 2 Championships, Encore & Forte Wildwood Food Donations, and the Harleysville Memorial Day Weekend parade.
- May parade practices
- Tuesday, 5/2, 6:30pm: Jazz in the Park / SASD Secondary Jazz Concert, at Souderton Community Park.
- Saturday, 5/13, 9am-noon: Flower sale orders available for pickup. details
- Thursday, 5/18: DUE: Disney Trip payment #2, $400. (Student and Tagalong packages)
- Saturday, 5/20: Philadelphia Soul Fundraiser, Wells Fargo Center.
- Sunday, 5/21: Band Banquet @ Franconia Heritage: Food, fun, music.
- Friday, 5/26, 5-9:30pm: Encore picnic.
- Saturday, 5/27: Memorial Day Parade. Report time 11am @IVMS.
- Wednesday, 5/31: Spring Training.
- Sunday, 7/2: Concert Sundaes in the Park. Scoop ice cream and earn $$ for the BRBB.
- Tues/Wed, 8/8-9: Mini Band Camp. All new BRMB members.
- Band Camp! 8/14-8/18, 8/21-8/25.
- Monday, 8/14, 7pm: Parent Meeting
- Friday, 8/18: Picture Day.
- Regular competitive season volunteers: visit the SignUp to see what needs to be done.
- Indoor Home Show/TIA Region 2 Championships: the SignUp is available.
Encore! Indoor Percussion: Practices are Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6-9pm, and Saturdays, 9:30-4:30.
Forte Winter Guard: Practices are Mondays and Thursdays, 7-10pm, and Saturdays, 8-noon.
You may have heard of the recent health concerns of one of our alumni parents, Mike Rafter. Mike suffered from a ruptured AVM on November 9th. We’ve received many requests for information on what the BRBB can do. He has a long road ahead and the family will benefit from all assistance offered to them.
If you are interested in helping them, please visit The Rafter Family page.
The Harleysville Jaycees Memorial Day Parade will take place on Saturday, 5/27. To volunteer, visit the SignUp.
Parade practices began on Wednesday, 3/22. Here’s what the rest of the spring looks like:
Wed, 4/12, 3-4pm, parade practice
Mon, 5/8, 3-4pm, parade practice
Wed, 5/10, 3-4pm, parade practice
Mon, 5/15, 3-4pm, parade practice
Wed, 5/17, 3-4pm, parade practice
Wed, 5/24, 3-4pm, parade practice
Sat, 5/27, Parade. Report time 10:15am @ IVMS.
Wed, 5/31, 6-8pm. Spring Training. Anyone planning to participate in 2017-18 should attend. Questions? Contact Mr. Tucker at email@example.com.
Watch El Dia de la Vida in these YouTube videos, with thanks to:
Drum Majors: Priya Pradhan and Nate Renner
—High Brass (trumpets, mellophones): Noah Allen
—Trombones: Morgan McMullen
—Low Brass/Winds (sousaphones, baritones, low winds): Jonathan Detwiler
—High Winds (“flarinutes”: clarinets, flutes): Allison Repsik & Michaela Miller
—Saxophones (altos, tenors): Julia Markey
—Percussion (battery, pit): Steven Nadal & Sydni Bivighouse
—Color Guard: Loue Repsik
—President: Megan Malmquist
—Vice President: Matt Falbo
—Secretary: Sarah Herold
—Treasurer: Caylah Stine
Do you have an instrument that’s ready for a new owner? What about extra stands, music books you’ve outgrown, boxes of reeds of the wrong strength? We now have a Classifieds page where you can put these up for sale. Take a look and if it’s right for you, be in touch. (The first two items that were posted both sold in one week.)
Most band information is sent out via e-mail, so being on the list helps you get the information you need. To sign up, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and include: parent name and e-mail address, student name and e-mail address.
If you haven’t signed up for our ShopWithScrip program yet, you’re missing out on one of the simplest ways to raise $$ for the marching band, indoor percussion, winter guard, and yourself.
If you’re a confirmed ShopWithScripper, did you know that you can effortlessly increase the amount raised? Use scrip when you:
- Order from Domino’s of Souderton on Dough Raising Days.
- Use AmazonSmile.
You raise $$ when you purchase Domino’s and Amazon scrip. They kick in more when you use it. For details, visit our Fundraising page.
You can use Student Credit to pay for certain expenses. You can use Scrip to pay for anything.
Student Credit: Students accumulate student credit through specific fundraising opportunities held during the year. When students participate in a designated fundraiser, they are allocated a certain portion of the profit from the fundraiser. These funds are an allocation of internal BRBB funds; they will not be paid out to students or families under any circumstances. The student credit allocation can be used to pay for trips, the BRBB participation fee, and director-mandated uniform components.
Scrip: A Scrip account is similar to Student Credit, but: it is funded via rebates you receive from making Scrip purchases, it is your money, and it is not limited as to its use.
Student Credit and Scrip allocations are maintained by the BRBB Treasurer and posted monthly on the filing cabinet outside of the band director’s office, above the Red Box.
To use student credit or Scrip funds, submit the appropriate Request form:
- Paper copies are in a plastic sleeve on the side of the filing cabinet by the Red Box in the Band room.
- PDF forms are available on the Downloads page.
For detailed information, read the BRMB Volunteer Clearances Guide. Two versions (one is short, the other has lots of details) are posted on our Downloads page. You should also visit the SASD Volunteers page.
Volunteer clearance requirements, in a nutshell:
- Every volunteer—both Casual and Program—needs to turn in the 2015-16 SASD Community Volunteer Registration and Disclosure Statement.
- As of the 2015-16 school year, all Program Volunteers need to turn in the Act 151 Child Abuse clearance and the Act 34 Criminal History Report. Both of these clearances are now free for volunteers and can both be completed online.
- All Program Volunteers need to have a PPD test on file with the District.
- Some Program Volunteers also need to submit a Federal Criminal History Record; this clearance requires fingerprinting and has a cost of $27.