Seniors participating in Encore or Forte can also apply for these scholarships:
Tournament Indoor Association (TIA) Scholarship
Due by noon on April 1, 2019. Recipients will be announced during the Atlantic Coast Championships in Wildwood, NJ, May 2-5, 2019.
Tournament of Bands (TOB) / Tournament Indoor Association (TIA) Chapter 2 Scholarship
The application will be available later this spring. Recipients will be announced at the Chapter II Championships, on Saturday, April 27, 2019.
The Big Red Band Boosters, Inc., annually presents two awards to qualified seniors who are currently active members of the Big Red Marching Band. Each recipient is awarded $500.00 to further her or his education.
Recipients will be announced on Monday, June 3, 2019, at the SAHS Senior Awards ceremony.
Application deadline: TBD
(For reference, the 2018 deadline was 11:59pm on Saturday, March 31, 2018 (the Saturday during Spring Break).)
Questions? Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2018 Senior Scholarship Recipients
2018 Big Red Band Booster Senior Scholarships:
- Julia Markey and Nate Renner
2018 SAHS “Red” Winzer Instrumental Music Award:
- Matt Falbo
2018 TOB/TIA Chapter 2 Scholarship:
- Lauren Steffy
2018 Tournament Indoor Association (TIA) Scholarship:
- Derek Booz
BRBB Scholarships: Application Process and Additional Information
Complete and submit the Scholarship Application (it’s a Google Form). After you submit the application, you will receive a confirmation message from Google Forms. If you do not receive a confirmation within a day, contact the Scholarship Committee at email@example.com.
Submit proof of acceptance or application by sending one of the following to the Scholarship Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org:
—a PDF copy of an acceptance letter to an accredited 2- or 4-year college or university
—proof that your application to an accredited school has been received
You will receive a confirmation message from the Scholarship Committee once your application is complete.
- Applicants must be active senior members of the Souderton Area High School Big Red Marching Band.
- Applicants must have at least four years experience in the Marching Band.
- Applicants must have participated in at least one of these groups in each of their four years of high school: —Concert Band or Symphonic Band —Lab Band or Jazz Band —Indoor Percussion or Winter Guard
- Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 as of the end of the first semester of their senior year.
- As outlined in the BRBB bylaws, applicants must submit a formal application to the Awards Committee by the deadline.
- Applicants must provide evidence of either application or acceptance to an accredited college, university, institute, or technical school: A copy of an acceptance letter or college application must be submitted with the BRBB Scholarship application.
Applicants should demonstrate qualities of leadership, responsibility, and cooperation and have shown distinction during participation in the eligible band organizations (as listed on the Eligibility tab).
Applicants should demonstrate a comprehensive and diverse involvement and have shown distinction in school and/or non-school activities.
Accuracy in completing the application is important. The application includes three short essay prompts, each of which must meet the word count requirements (100-250 words each).
The application must be submitted online and proof of college application/acceptance must be emailed by the application deadline. No application will be accepted after the deadline.
This award is not based on financial need.
If, in the opinion of the committee, there are no qualified applicants for the present year, the award will not be given.
If, in the opinion of the committee, there is a tie, the available money will be equally divided among the award winners.